Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Day After Labor Day-Forget January First! This is the REAL Starting Point!

My kiddos started school today.  I don't know who was more excited-them or me.  The first day of school is always so great-no real homework right away, seeing friends you haven't seen in three months and just the newness of a fresh start of education.  Kindof like a newly painted room.  You walk in to a freshly painted room, and you get excited to see what it will  look like once it is all decorated. :-)

I know that many of your children (and yourselves) started school a little earlier, but the day after Labor Day is full of the significance that it is the last long weekend until Thanksgiving break.  It is truly the last day of summer.

I love this day.  I look forward to having a true routine again.  Knowing when to feed children, and when to schedule meetings, play time, gym time and bed time.  It's a blessing!  But, I LOVE summer!  I love all that it entails under the sun.  And I love the FREEDOM of summer, yet crave the routine that the day after Labor Day gives to all of us, when we are officially back to work and school.

The month of September has always in my life signified happy beginnings and heart-wrenching endings.  So many life changes have happened to me in this month-and more are happening!  More have happened in this month than any other, even January.  January always feels like more of a continuation after a vacation-maybe because there isn't a seasonal change that goes along with it, unlike September.  All I know, is that I am going to embrace all changes that come my way-good or bad, and I choose to make the bad changes become good ones.

So I say, embrace today.  Embrace the rest of this week.  Heck, embrace the entire month of September!  Today, the day after Labor Day, can become a brand new start for you!  Are you ready?

Happy September!

Yours In Health,

~Merri Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment